Webtrader is supported in the following browsers on PC’s:
- Internet Explorer 10 or newer
- Firefox 8 or newer
- Google Chrome 17 or newer
Important: Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 or above must be installed to view Advanced Chart.
Webtrader is officially supported in the following browsers on Apple Macs:
- Safari 4 or newer
- Firefox 8 or newer
- Google Chrome 17 or newer
Important: Advanced Chart is not currently available on Apple Mac.
Webtrader is officially supported on the following mobile browsers:
- iOS devices running iOS 6.0 and above
- Android devices running Android 2.3 and above
- Blackberry devices running BB10 OS
Conditions of access
- The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited ("Standard Bank") maintains this website (the "Site") and the services/products ("Services") made available on the Webtrader Platform ("Trading Platform").
- All Services are subject, in addition to these terms and conditions ("Online Terms"), to the requisite terms and conditions of Standard Bank in respect of each Service.
- By accessing and/or utilising any of the Services on the Site and/or Trading Platform, you the user, agree that you have reviewed the Site and/or Trading Platform in its entirety, that you have read the disclaimer in respect of the Site and/or Trading Platform, accepted the terms and conditions applicable to the Services, the Terms of Business and other agreements applicable to the relevant Services including all legal and regulatory terms and are conversant with and understand such terms and conditions and the applicable legislation and regulations which includes but is not limited to the applicable exchange control regulations.
- Standard Bank may amend the Online Terms from time to time. By accessing this Site and/or the Trading Platform you are bound to the version of the Online Terms published here at the time of any visit to the Site and/or Trading Platform. You agree to view and be bound to the current version each time you access the Site and/or Trading Platform. A certificate signed by the administrator responsible for maintaining the Site and/or Trading Platform will be prima facie proof of the date of publication and content of the current version and all previous versions of the Online Terms.
- Standard Bank reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site and/or the Trading Platform or Services without notice.
- Standard Bank reserves the right to reject, in its sole discretion, any application for Services contained on this Site and/or Trading Platform.
- Standard Bank may also impose limits or conditions on the right to certain Services, features or functions and it may restrict access to parts of or all of the Services on the Site and/or the Trading Platform.
- You hereby warrant to Standard Bank that you have the required legal capacity to enter into and be bound by contractual terms. Minors must be assisted by their legal guardians when reading these conditions and the respective exchange control provisions to the extent that it is applicable to minors. If you are unsure whether you have the legal capacity to enter into agreements, contact Standard Bank for further information on Phone calls will be suspended during the COVID-19 Lock-down. Please contact us via email./ +2711 415 6555 or e-mail: [email protected] before you continue using the Site and/or the Trading Platform.
- Copyright subsists in the Site and the Trading Platform and the unauthorised copying, reproduction, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication or other use of this material and the trade marks, logos or service marks (whether registered or not) of Standard Bank and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, agents, consultants, directors, officers or employees or its holding company (collectively "Standard Bank Group") shall constitute an infringement of the relevant intellectual property laws. For the avoidance of doubt, "Standard Bank Group" shall include Standard Bank.
- You are authorised to view and download one copy to a local hard drive or disk, print and make copies of such printouts, provided that:
- the material is used for considering use of the online services and for no other commercial purposes; and
- any reproduction of our proprietary material from this Site and/or Trading Platform or portion of it must include our copyright notice in its entirety.
- The logos and trademarks shown on the Site and/or Trading Platform are registered and unregistered trademarks of Standard Bank or that of third parties. Nothing on the Site and/or the Trading Platform should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without Standard Bank's prior written permission and/or that of third parties, as the case may be. You may not, without Standard Bank's prior written permission, use any of the intellectual property for any other purposes. An application to use the intellectual property must be submitted to [email protected]. Upon receiving your application, Standard Bank will respond and enter into further discussions with you. If you do not get a written response from Standard Bank within 5 (five) Business Days (which excludes Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays in the Republic of South Africa), consider your request as rejected.
- Irrespective of the existence of copyright, you acknowledge that Standard Bank is the proprietor of all material on the Site and/or the Trading Platform, whether it constitutes confidential information or not, and that you have no right, title or interest in any such material.
- Standard Bank shall not be liable for any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of this Site and/or the Trading Platform or any component part of the Site and/or the Trading Platform (as the case may be) for whatever reason.
- Standard Bank may modify, suspend or discontinue the Site and/or the Trading Platform, whether temporarily or permanently, without notice.
- You authorize Standard Bank to act on any instruction purporting to emanate from you whether in written, electronic or any other format. Standard Bank will not be required to authenticate any instruction and Standard Bank Group shall not be held liable as a result of the unauthorised use of your PIN or password, which must be kept secret and secure by the user at all times. If you discover that your PIN and/or password has been compromised in anyway whatsoever, you must immediately contact Standard Bank.
- Standard Bank will use its reasonable endeavors to carry out all instructions received from you through this Site and/or Trading Platform. However, you shall not hold Standard Bank Group liable for, and hereby indemnify Standard Bank Group against, any claim arising from the late or delayed processing of your instructions. You agree that any such instruction issued through the Trading Platform is solely at your risk.
- In the event that the Site and/or the Trading Platform is suspended or unavailable for any reason whatsoever, the user does have the option of contacting Standard Bank's contact centre on Phone calls will be suspended during the COVID-19 Lock-down. Please contact us via email. or +27 11 378 8900 during its operating hours.
- By accessing and utilizing this Site and/or the Trading Platform you do so on your own initiative and on your own risk, and are responsible for your compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Whilst all reasonable precautions have been taken, Standard Bank does not warrant that this Site and/or the Trading Platform or any downloads via the Site and/or Trading Platform are free from viruses or destructive code. Standard Bank Group shall not be liable for any damage or injury arising out of any person's or entity's access to or inability to access the Site and/or the Trading Platform. This limitation includes, but is not limited to, any damage to computer equipment and computer systems caused by virus, malware and any other harmful computer coding.
- This Site and/or Trading Platform may contain links to other websites with information and material produced by other parties. Whilst Standard Bank tries to provide links only to reputable websites, it cannot accept responsibility or liability for the information provided on other websites. A link from the Site and/or Trading Platform to any other website does not mean that Standard Bank has scrutinized or endorsed the owners or administrators of the websites or their business or security practices and operations.
- Consulting the Site and/or Trading Platform does not constitute a customer relationship and Standard Bank shall not have any duty or incur any liability or responsibility towards any person or entity as a result of such person or entity consulting the Site and/or Trading Platform.
- There are risks associated with online trading and utilizing an Internet based deal execution trading system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connections. Since Standard Bank does not control signal power, its reception or routing via Internet, configuration of your equipment or reliability of its connections, it cannot be responsible for communication failures, distortions or delays when trading online. Standard Bank employs backup systems and contingency plans to minimize the possibility of system failure.
- Nobody may establish a hyperlink, frame, metatag or similar reference, whether electronically or otherwise (collectively referred to as linking), to this Site and/or the Trading Platform or any subsidiary pages before receiving Standard Bank's prior written approval, which may be withheld or granted subject to the conditions we specify from time to time. An application for linking must be submitted [email protected]. Once received, Standard Bank will do its best to respond and enter into further discussions with you. If you do not get a written response from Standard Bank within 5 (five) Business Days, consider your request rejected. Breach of these conditions entitles Standard Bank to take legal action without prior notice to you and you agree to reimburse the costs associated with such legal action to Standard Bank on an attorney and own client scale.
- Standard Bank's commitment to your privacy and the security of your personal information is outlined in its Privacy and Security statement
- All claims instituted by you against Standard Bank Group arising as a result of your use of the Site and/or the Trading Platform or on the interpretation of these Online Terms (other than where an interdict is sought or urgent relief may be obtained from a court of competent jurisdiction), will be submitted to and decided by arbitration. That arbitration will be held with only the parties and their representatives present at the offices of the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa, Sandton, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa. The arbitration will be governed by the rules of the Arbitration Foundation in terms of South African law and will be heard by an arbitrator or arbitrators appointed by the Arbitration Foundation of Southern Africa. Either party will be entitled to have the award made an order of court of competent jurisdiction. The parties will keep the evidence in the arbitration proceedings and any order made by any arbitrator confidential unless otherwise contemplated. The arbitrator will have the power to give default judgment if any party fails to make submissions on due date and/or fails to appear at the arbitration. Standard Bank may institute action against you in any court with appropriate authority.
- The Site and/or the Trading Platform are intended for use by recipients located in countries where such use does not constitute a violation of applicable legislation or regulations.
- The Trading Platform calculates all dates and times based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). The display of dates and times in different timezones are for convenience purposes only and discrepancies from UTC may occur on dates and times due to changes in day light savings times and similar issues. In case of discrepancies or disputes, UTC time will always prevail.
No material or publication on this website ("Site") and/or Trading Platform constitutes an offer or the solicitation of an offer for the sale or purchase of any security or financial instrument. Whilst The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited (“Standard Bank”) has taken care to ensure that the content and services on the Site and/or Trading Platform are accurate, it does not warrant that the Site and/or Trading Platform, any tools such as calculators, software, information provided by Standard Bank or any of its third party services providers, content or other services will be error free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance or quality and expressly disclaim all such implied warranties. Whilst all reasonable precautions have been taken, Standard Bank does not warrant that the Site and/or Trading Platform or any downloads via the Site and/or Trading Platform are free from viruses or destructive code. Standard Bank and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, shareholders, agents, consultants, directors, officers or employees or its holding company (collectively “Standard Bank Group”) shall not be held liable for any damages whatsoever relating to your use of the Site and/or Trading Platform or the services offered or information made available on the Site and/or Trading Platform or your inability to use the Site and/or Trading Platform or any of the information or services. For the avoidance of doubt, “Standard Bank Group” shall include Standard Bank.
This includes without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental and consequential or punitive damages howsoever arising and regardless of whether Standard Bank Group was advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Whilst every care has been taken in publishing information on the Site and/or Trading Platform, no representation, warranty or undertaking (express or implied) is given and neither responsibility nor liability is accepted by Standard Bank Group as to the accuracy of the information contained herein. Standard Bank Group cannot be held liable for the use of and reliance on these opinions, estimates and findings. All opinions, estimates and findings contained on the Site and/or Trading Platform may be changed after publication at any time without notice. The information contained on the Site and/or Trading Platform is not intended as advice.
Should the information lead you to consider entering into any transaction in relation to the financial product you must take note of the following: there are intrinsic risks involved in transacting in any of the products; no guarantee is provided for the investment value in a product; any forecasts based on hypothetical data are not guaranteed and are for illustrative purposes only; returns may vary as a result of their dependence on the performance of underlying assets and other variable market factors; past performances are not necessarily indicative of future performances; unless a financial needs analysis has been conducted to assess the appropriateness of the product, investment or structure to your unique particular circumstances, Standard Bank cautions you that there may be limitations on the appropriateness of the information for your purposes and you should take particular care to consider the implications of entering into the transaction, either on your own or with the assistance of an investment professional.
There may be various tax implications to consider when investing in the product and you must be aware of these implications before investing. Standard Bank Group does not accept liability for the tax treatment by any court or by any authorities in any jurisdiction in relation to any transaction based on the information. It is strongly recommended that individual tax advice be sought before entering into any such transaction. Standard Bank Group may have long or short positions in currencies or securities mentioned on the Site and/or Trading Platform or related investments, and may add to, dispose of or effect transactions in such currencies, securities or investments for their own account and may perform or seek to perform advisory or banking services in relation thereto.
The contents of this Site and/or Trading Platform may not be copied or reproduced in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Standard Bank. This Site and/or Trading Platform is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason this Site and/or Trading Platform's publication or availability is prohibited and any person to whom such prohibition applies may not access this Site and/or Trading Platform. Any person who accesses this Site and/or Trading Platform does so on their own initiative and is responsible for compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt. These web pages will only be registered in South Africa and will not be registered under the securities laws of any other jurisdiction including the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Disclaimer with respect to US Persons
None of the products or services listed on this website constitutes an offer to sell any securities in the United States or any other jurisdiction where it is unlawful to do so. SBG Securities is not, and will not be, registered under the securities laws of any state of the U.S. or any jurisdiction other than the Republic of South Africa. None of the products or services listed on this website constitutes any inducement, an offer or invitation to enter into or effect any securities transactions or to enter into any business relationship which could lead to any such transactions with any US Persons as defined in applicable law.
Standard Bank’s commitment to your privacy and the security of your personal information is outlined in its Privacy and Security statement
Any use of this Site and/or Trading Platform is subject to the “Online Terms”, as amended from time to time.
Privacy and Security Statements
Privacy statement of The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, its subsidiaries and associate companies*
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, its subsidiaries and associate companies (the bank, we, us, our) treat personal information we collect through this website, associated websites, mobile sites, mobile applications and other channels as private and confidential.
We collect personal information directly from you, and where lawful and reasonable, we may collect personal information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, such as credit reporting and government agencies for the purposes set out below.
We use your personal information to:
- meet our responsibilities to you
- follow your instructions
- process your personal information for ordinary business purposes (this includes to open and maintain your account, give effect to transactions, administer claims where applicable, manage our risks and maintain our overall relationship with you)
- carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (this includes improving existing and developing new products and services)
- tell you about services and products available within the Group
- make sure our business suits your needs, and
- comply with applicable regulations.
Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you need.
We will process your personal information if you give us your consent willingly or in accordance with the law. You give your consent to us through our product and services agreements.
We will only disclose your personal information if:
- the law requires it;
- we have a public duty to disclose the information;
- our or your legitimate interests require disclosure; or
- you agreed that we may disclose your information.
We ask individuals, organisations and our subsidiaries and affiliates for support. When we do this, they have to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
We will not disclose your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers, unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of our agreement with you.
Transfer across borders
Sometimes we will process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. These countries may not have the same level of protection. We will only process your personal information with your consent. If necessary, we will ask the party to whom we transfer your personal information to agree to our privacy principles, associated policies and practices.
Storing personal information
We store personal information as required by law.
Our security practices
Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties.
Marketing by electronic means
If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you. We will do this through email, text message (SMS), social media platforms or notify you on your mobile applications. If you later decide that you do not want us to do this, please contact us through our customer service channels to stop this service.
You should read the security tips and updates on our website regularly to make sure that you benefit from our security systems, and stay updated with the latest fraud scams and trends.
Access to your personal information
As a customer of the bank, you may: (a) ask us to give you a description of your personal information that we hold; and (b) ask us to correct or update your personal information through our customer service channels.
We may, if allowed by law, charge a fee for this.
Our use of technology to follow your use of our website
While you are using our websites or mobile applications, we automatically process certain personal information, such as visits to our website. We use this information to find out which areas of our website people visit most and to monitor the use of our websites. This helps us to add more value to our services. This information is gathered in such a way that we do not get personal information about any individual or their online behaviour on other websites.
We use cookie technology on some of our websites. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your Internet browser when you use our website. The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit our websites. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online.
Types of cookies used on our website:
These cookies are temporary and only exist while you browse our website. As soon as you close your browser or move to a different website, they are removed. They allow our website to link your actions during a browser session.
These are permanent cookies that are stored on your device until they reach a set expiry date or until you delete them. They remember your preferences or actions across our site (or in some cases across different websites). We may use them for various reasons, such as remembering your preferences and choices when using our site, or to display only relevant advertising messages to you.
These cookies are owned and created by us.
These cookies are owned and created by another company that provides a service to us, such as social media sharing, website analytics or content remarketing.
How to disable cookies
You can stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. Be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of our websites. We recommend that you allow cookies. On most browsers cookies are enabled by default. Explore the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable them, or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about managing cookies on various browsers.
Links to other websites
Our website, related websites and mobile applications may have links to or from other websites. Although we try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these websites.
Monitoring of electronic communications
We communicate with you through different methods and channels. If allowed by law, we may record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies.
Monitoring and analysis
We will monitor and analyse your account for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes as required by law.
We operate and communicate through our designated channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made about us on these channels so that we can improve our services.
The general public can access and read any information posted on these sites. We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by our designated officials. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users.
We do not give investment, tax or other professional advice on social media sites. You should always get independent advice before making any decisions.
When you engage with us through social media your personal information may be processed by the site owner; this process is outside our control and may be in a country outside South Africa that may have different privacy principles.
Social media sites are not appropriate forums to discuss our customers' products or financial arrangements. We will not ask you to share personal, account or security information on social media sites.
We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas sent to us through these channels. We try to join conversations whenever possible, but cannot guarantee that we will read or reply to all messages sent to official Standard Bank social media accounts.
Emerging themes and helpful suggestions will be given to the relevant people within the bank for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any themes or suggestions will be acted on.
We will take note of your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws, especially your right to object, on reasonable grounds, to certain types of processing.
You have the right to query a decision that we make about a product or service that you have applied for and that was made solely by automated means.
Right to change this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement. We will publish all changes on our website. The latest version of our privacy statement will replace all earlier versions, unless it says differently.
* Subsidiaries and associate companies
Diners Club (S.A.) (Pty) Ltd, Standard Bank Financial Services Holdings (Pty) Ltd, Standard Offshore Finance Company (Pty) Ltd, Melville Douglas Investment Management (Pty) Ltd, FHPManagers (Pty) Ltd, Standard Trust Limited, Standard Insurance Limited, Stanhold Investments (Pty) Ltd, Greenfield Newgate (Pty) Ltd, The Unisec Group Limited, Standard Bank Properties (Pty) Ltd, Blue Waves Properties 78 (Pty) Ltd, SBG Securities (Pty) Ltd.
Queries and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about privacy, please contact the Group Privacy Officer:
Jan Bezuidenhout - Group Privacy Officer
The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited
P O Box 1155
Standard Bank Centre
5 Simmonds Street
Telephone: +27 11 636 1781
Fax: +27 11 631 8580
Email: [email protected]
Date published: 15 February 2016
Standard Bank Group Privacy Statement